Bradford Licensed Master plumber
What is a Licensed Plumber?
- A plumber is a craftsman who specializes in installing and maintaining systems used for water, sewage, drainage and piping. In order to become a skilled plumber, years of experience and training are needed. A Master Plumber is a tradesperson who has reputable mastery of plumbing in one or multiple areas of plumbing.
- Being a Licensed Plumber not only incorporates being a master plumber, but also implies that the plumber has all certificates and licenses needed to perform all aspects of plumbing and heating projects , as well as being registered to work under the City laws.
- Still, in order to apply to become a Licensed Plumber, it is necessary for one to have acquired at least seven years total experience within the ten years prior to application in the design and installation of plumbing systems under the direct and continuing supervision of a licensed master plumber in Ontario. Once these requirements have been accomplished, then it is necessary to actually pass the Master Plumber exam before becoming a certified Licensed Plumber.
- Besides having been an apprentice, it is imperative to have other skills, such as ability to interpret documents, procedural diagrams, basic mathematics, knowledge of and comfort using hand and power tools.
Being a licensed plumber means peace of mind and M.A.C. Stewart Plumbing offers that peace of mind.
Why is having a Licensed Plumber important?
The famous economist Milton Friedman once stated that:
“Everything must be paid for, sooner or later, directly or indirectly; there's no such thing as a free lunch”.
In other words, you will get what you pay for. Licensed plumbers protect the health of the nation though code and safety observance. Plumbers in Bradford operate according to the Ontario Plumbing Code. Topics such as proper pipe diameter, the correct location of shutoff valves and use of suitable plumbing materials are all specified in the Plumbing Code, and your plumber is obligated to follow them. It is necessary because any changes to your plumbing system and its components such as drainpipes, gas & water lines and fixtures’ location, can affect the overall efficiency of your system.
Our registered plumbers are fully insured and bonded including disability, worker’s compensation and all liability insurances. If your contractor is properly licensed, and a problem arises, you can file a complaint with the persons, which can in turn reiterate the contractor of his commitment under the law and if necessary, forcing them to comply. If the hired plumber is illegal and unregistered, nothing can assure you of work being finished properly, if even finished at all. It is not possible to know if they have all the necessary permits, insurance, or skills.
Some needed skills, interests and values:
- Reading drawings, and specifications to determine layout of water supply, waste and venting systems
- Installing, repairing and maintaining domestic, commercial and industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locating and marking positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Measuring, cutting, bending, and threading pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Testing pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Awareness of legal regulations and safety issues
- Ensuring safety standards and build regulations are met
Need a Licensed Master Plumber? Call us (705)7335154